If you do not receive Astrology Forum Activation Email
You can ask for assistance in activation by sending an email to support@astrologytreeforum.net

Astrology Forum Notice
We have upgraded our Astrology Forum to latest version. If you face any problem in using Astrology Forum or if you have any query/need any help please post your query in Feedback Forum

Book on Astronomy

Forum for discussions about general concepts of Vedic astrology, Horoscope, Signs, planets, Avasthas etc. Learn new things in astrology. Please do not leave Readings requests here.
tylorechandra
Sr. Forum member
Do you hate spam?: yes

Re: Book on Astronomy

Postby tylorechandra » 24 May 2011 06:53

Dear Atul ji,

Thank you for your comments and also for your encouragement. A friend of mine has sent a cover design (frankly I am not good at these things) including both the front and back pages. Please see and check suitability.

Thanks again.

TKC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsors of Astrology Forum

Sponsors of Astrology Forum

rsaxena30
Forum Leader

Postby rsaxena30 » 24 May 2011 16:44

sir,
cover is nicely as well as meaningfully designed.
congratulations
rgds
r saxena

mohotha
Forum Leader

Postby mohotha » 31 May 2011 19:30

Hello TKC Ji

Congratulations on your tremendous efforts to produce such a Book !
I have downloaded a copy which I shall read when time permits. Thanks for sharing.
I wish you success when it is commercially launched.
Apologies for being a bit late.

Kind Regards
Mohotha

Atul
Forum Leader

Postby Atul » 03 Jun 2011 03:06

Hello TKC ji,

I am sorry for replying late. I was in vrindavan hence was not able to access the internet.

Your book is really very good and I had created a PDF ebook. I am uploading the file here. Please have a look and tell if you want to make any changes.

I request members of the forum to please read the book and tell us if there is any mistake or if there is any suggestion.

Sorry again for replying late
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep wanting a thing and one day you will achieve it. Stop wanting everything and one day you will achieve Him.

tylorechandra
Sr. Forum member

Postby tylorechandra » 03 Jun 2011 08:44

Dear Atul ji,

Read the book. Following are the suggestions:

1. There is an offset of 2 pages between the page numbers indicated in the contents page and the actual page number of the topic in the book. May be the numbers given to the cover pages can be removed so that the offset gets removed.

2. The captions in the figures appear blurred. I feel this is due to the software conversion and I do not have any suggestions for improvement here.

Otherwise, the book has come out correctly. Thank you once again.

TKC

san
Jr. Forum Member

Postby san » 04 Jun 2011 13:19

very good book TKC ji,

I now understand Astronomy to a better extent. I am reading the book and I will let you know if I have any suggestion
I am a student of Astrology. So please take my readings with a pinch of salt.

san
Jr. Forum Member

Postby san » 04 Jun 2011 13:19

very good book TKC ji,

I now understand Astronomy to a better extent. I am reading the book and I will let you know if I have any suggestion

Regards
I am a student of Astrology. So please take my readings with a pinch of salt.

Atul
Forum Leader

Postby Atul » 07 Jun 2011 09:38

Thankyou TKC ji,

I will get back to you
Keep wanting a thing and one day you will achieve it. Stop wanting everything and one day you will achieve Him.

Atul
Forum Leader

Postby Atul » 14 Jun 2011 06:51

Hello TKC ji,

I just sent you a PM.

rsaxena30
Forum Leader

Postby rsaxena30 » 20 Jun 2011 15:41

respected TKC sir,
here i am posting 2 comments from my pakistan based friend.

Hi Rajesh,

How are you? Hope you had a nice weekend. I was just reading the Astronomy book uploaded by you. I must say, it is a very well written book. Explains a lot about astronomy and the terms that are used in it, in a simple way.

I just wanted to mention a few things:
-On page 34 it is written "We now our attention to the Moon." I think your friend forgot to write "We now shift our...",
-figure 25 was a bit hard for me to figure out. It's a bit small in comparison to all the lines mentioned. A slightly larger figure would imo give for a better understanding.
-But coming to the main point for which I actually mailed you, figure 28 and 29 were not so clear to me. I wasn't able to figure out how a annular solar eclipse would be formed. To me both the images, the sunrays and the amount of rays that were blocked by the moon in both pictures, looked the same. The images on this website regarding total and annular eclipse were a bit more clear to me. http://www.sems.und.edu/index_SolarEclipse.php

I really don't mean to be ungrateful or picky, but I just thought of giving you some feedback on the book that I read so far, before I forgot these points. Perhaps you will find them usefull, if not, please do ignore them.

Thank you again for uploading the book.

regards, zara

Hi Rajesh,

Sorry for my late reply, been a bit busy. I will surely pass any additional comments which I have, if any because he really wrote a good piece, for your friend. How about convincing him to write something about indian mythologie, creation of planets and their relationships with each other as well? Would be a complete series of basic syllabi for lovers of astrology, right?

I'm really not an astrologer, but just somebody who wants to understand a few principles of astrology, and if possible, a bit more. But I will surely visit the other forum as well. Thank you.

Well, it is time for a well deserved weekend again. Wish you lots of fun with your family.

regards, zara

Return to “Vedic Astrology Discussions Forum”