If you do not receive Astrology Forum Activation Email
You can ask for assistance in activation by sending an email to support@astrologytreeforum.net

Astrology Forum Notice
We have upgraded our Astrology Forum to latest version. If you face any problem in using Astrology Forum or if you have any query/need any help please post your query in Feedback Forum

Introduction to Mundane Astrology.

Forum for Discussions about principles of Mundane Astrology. Effect of Planets, Signs, Conjunctions, aspects of Mundane matters.
Atul
Forum Leader

Postby Atul » 11 Jan 2010 08:23

Mundane astrology is the application of astrology to world affairs and world events, taking its name from the Latin word Mundus, meaning "the World". Mundane astrology is a branch of Judicial astrology and is widely believed by astrological historians to be the most ancient branch of astrology. In the Middle Ages mundane astrology was more commonly known as the study of Revolutions - meaning the study of the revolutions of the planets in their apparent orbits around the Earth, as they were then believed to do.

Overview

Mundane astrology had two purposes: one was to look back and explain history, looking for patterns and a sense of some greater purpose in apparently chaotic events such as the rise and fall of empires or religions. The other was to predict the future. Some philosophers believed that the world could be saved from disaster if future troubles could be predicted – and subsequently averted.
Although it was originally developed in ancient Babylon there have been three subsequent major periods of developments. In 120 AD the Greek astrologer Claudius Ptolemy set down the fundamentals of mundane astrology in his famous treatise on astrology, the Tetrabiblos. In the ninth and tenth centuries the astrologers of the Islamic world added many more techniques, particularly the use of the cycles of Jupiter and Saturn to identify the rise and fall of states and religions. The twentieth century saw a major proliferation of techniques mainly based on the use of planetary cycles rather than, as had always been the case the interpretation of planetary positions in horoscopes or natal charts.
An approach to studying longer-term history through astrology is through the use of "precession of the equinoxes" indicators, providing a source for the idea of Astrological Ages.

reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mundane_astrology
Keep wanting a thing and one day you will achieve it. Stop wanting everything and one day you will achieve Him.

Sponsors of Astrology Forum

Sponsors of Astrology Forum

prajakta
Sr. Forum member

Re: Introduction to Mundane Astrology.

Postby prajakta » 11 Jan 2010 14:37

One example for this would be
While Saturn was in Cancer 2005-2007, the world saw catastrophic rains. Mumbai 26 Jul, Katrina...

saturn in leo 2007 to sep 2009 was not so good for rains.

As soon as Saturn entered Kanya 9 Sep 2009, there were suddenly many ran evenets around the world.
Flood in phillipines, Tycoons, flood in Atlanta, US. And now in winter, snowfall at so many places. and record winter temperatures.
We are not Human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience!

Atul
Forum Leader

Postby Atul » 12 Jan 2010 05:45

Yes,

similarly we can make different types of charts to see different types of significations. Like solar year charts, lunar year charts, nations' birth chart. Further, these are also of different types which I will like to discuss with time. We can use different nakshatra dashas, annual charts monthly charts and so on. We can also use divisional charts in Mundane astrology.

I am also not too expert in mundane astrology and just like a novice in this field, But as we will discuss I hope I will also get to learn new things and improve my skills.
Keep wanting a thing and one day you will achieve it. Stop wanting everything and one day you will achieve Him.

mohotha
Forum Leader
Do you hate spam?: yes

Postby mohotha » 12 Oct 2010 18:41

Hello All
All I know is that the United Kingdom is ruled by Mars.Possibly Aries ASC.
Obviously, this is taken from its 'time of birth'.
What is the best source on internet for finding out each country's Time of Birth ?
Shall appreciate your replies.
Regards
Mohotha

mohotha
Forum Leader

Postby mohotha » 15 Oct 2010 12:01

Hello All
I like to share with you one of the following chart details of Great Britain published by
Charles E O Carter from a Book - An Introduction to Political Astrology (Mundane Astrology) :

This is for the Coronation of William I, at Westminster, on Christmas Day, at true Noon, 1066.

Lagna in Aries 11' 5 in nakshatra Ashwini ruled by Ketu
with an exalted Mars at 22' 53
Sagittarian Sun and Moon in 9H
Jupiter Retrograde in 5H

Any questions, comments are welcome.

Regards
Mohotha

mohotha
Forum Leader

Re: Introduciton to Mundane Astrology.

Postby mohotha » 15 Oct 2010 15:07

Dear All

All my program does is showing Dasas amd Bukthis for upto 120 years - a human life time.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the running period for the chart of Great Britain. Like to hear from you.

rgds

Atul
Forum Leader

Postby Atul » 16 Oct 2010 05:48

Mohotha Ji,

i am getting Lagna in pisces.

I am using

25 dec 1066
12:00 noon
Westminster, UK
Time zone 00:00

0 W 07, 51 N 30

Please corect me if I am wrong

Regards

mohotha
Forum Leader

Postby mohotha » 17 Oct 2010 14:00

Atul Ji

Details are exactly the same -
DST 0 Hrs
0 W 09 51 N 30

Just cannot understand why !
@ Hope some others on the forum can assist. thanks.

Regards

Atul
Forum Leader

Postby Atul » 18 Oct 2010 05:14

Actually it is very old date hence may be some difference in calculations. I also tried LMT but not much difference.

Is the chart according to western astrology or vedic astrology?

also please confirm the planet's positions

Sun Sagi 22 57'
Moon Sagi 20 48'

mohotha
Forum Leader

Postby mohotha » 18 Oct 2010 16:07

The planets in houses are as follows :

Aries ASC 11' 5 ashwini nak
Jupiter in Leo 5H
Rahu and Saturn in Virgo 6H
Sun and Moon in sagg. H9
Mercury also in H9
Venu and Mars exalted in Capricorn in H10